The Sunshine Coast Regional District’s Comprehensive Regional Water Plan outlines the need to investigate the possibility of supplementing the Chapman Creek water supply with a reliable source of groundwater. In 2016, the SCRD initiated a groundwater investigation project to be completed in four phases.
Here is a two page backgrounder that contains general information about this project.
- The development of a production well field at the Church Road area is feasible. The water supply situation for the Chapman Creek System would be significantly improved by the development of a well field.
- Additional efforts are required to confirm the feasibility of the development of production wells at the Gray Creek area.
- A proposal for 2020 Budget is being considered to drill more test wells at other locations.
REports and presentations
Phase 3 - Further Investigation and Preliminary Engineering Design
- December 12, 2019 - Phase 3 Groundwater Investigation Report
- November 21, 2019 Staff Report - Groundwater Project Update. This report supports continued exploration of the Gray Creek Site. This report also represents the end to exploration of the Dusty Road and Mahan Road sites.
Phase 2 - Test Well Drilling to Investigate Actual Potential
- January 24, 2019 Report - Groundwater Investigation Phase 2 Results. The purpose of this report is to present the outcome of the Groundwater Investigation Phase 2. Audio of Board meeting.
- January 2019
- April 19, 2018 Staff Report - Phase 2 Test Drilling of the Groundwater Investigation. This report provides recommendations for proceeding with Phase 2 test drilling for groundwater.
- March 15, 2018 Staff Report - Regional Groundwater Task Force - Next Steps. This report provides recommendations for proceeding with the next steps to supplement the Chapman Creek water supply.
- March 8, 2018 Staff Report - Regional Groundwater Task Force - Consultation Report. This report documents the outcomes of the consultation process between local governments regarding the potential management of groundwater sources within the context of the region's water supply concerns.
Phase 1 - Desktop Study to Identify Best Sites
- October 19, 2017 Staff Report - Groundwater Investigation to Supplement Chapman Creek Water Supply
- Groundwater Investigation Study presentation by Waterline Resources Inc. presented to the October 18, 2017 Infrastructure Services Committee.
- Full report on Groundwater Investigation to Supplement Chapman Creek Water Supply by Waterline Resources Inc. dated October 10, 2017.