Raw Water ReservoirS
The development of Raw Water Reservoirs is recommended in the Comprehensive Regional Water Plan to meet the community’s water needs.
- Here is a two page backgrounder of the project and next steps.
Progress to date:
- Phase 1 involved a Water Demand Analysis to develop a better understanding of the water supply deficit.
- Phase 2 involved a Feasibility Study to assess all potential sites in the Chapman Creek watershed. This initial site selection led to four potential sites.
- Phase 3 involved studying these four sites in more detail and led to the recommendation of a site.
- Engineering, design, technical, and environmental studies: 2020-2022
- Permitting and completion of land acquisition or land tenure as well as water license: 2021-2023
- Final engineering design and survey: 2023-2024
- Construction and commissioning: 2024-2026
- 2019-Nov-21 Infrastructure Services Committee Staff Report (Annex A pp1-11)
Technical Supporting Reports
- Conceptual Drawings - Site A
- Conceptual Drawings - Site B
- Conceptual Drawings - Site C3
- Conceptual Drawings - Site C4
- Regulatory Review and Roadmap Report
- Terrain Assessment and Geotechnical Report
- Environmental Scoping Assessment Report
- Dam Consequence of Failure Classification Report – Site A
- Dam Consequence of Failure Classification Report – Site B
- Dam Consequence of Failure Classification Report – Site C3
- Dam Consequence of Failure Classification Report – Site C4
- Hydrological Study for Sites C3 and C4
- Preliminary Aquatics Assessment Report for Site B points of diversion, C3, and C4
- Point of Diversion on Chapman Creek for Site B Report
- Conceptual Water Conveyance Pipeline for Site B Report
- 2019-FEB-21 Raw Water Reservoirs Feasibility Study - Phase 3 outline staff report (pp 110-112)
2019-FEB-21 Raw Water Reservoirs Feasibility Study Report (pp 1-109)
- 2019-FEB-21 Raw Water Reservoirs Feasibility Study Presentation
- Audio of Infrastructure Services Committee Meeting (presentation starts at 41:30)
- 2019-FEB-21 Raw Water Reservoirs Feasibility Study Report (pp 1-109)
- Phase 1